Please read all the instructions carefully.
The Summer Research Internship Program provides an opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to participate in hypothesis-driven, hands-on, discovery research in one of the participating biomedical, exercise physiology, public health, engineering and technology labs at Texas A&M University. This is a residential program; housing and meals will be provided for the duration of the 6-week program (with time off for the July 4th holiday).
- Please discuss your application and possible participation with you parents/legal guardian(s). If you are selected, your parents/guardians will be required to provide written permission, and to sign a waiver of liability.
- The application deadline is February 26th, 2018. All sections of the application must be completed and received by the deadline date for your application to be considered.
- Review the descriptions of Texas A&M faculty research interests (click here to view the list). You will be asked to list, in order, the three labs that you are most interested in joining this summer. If you are selected to participate in the program, you will be matched with labs, based on shared interests and availability.
- Two letters of recommendation/reference are required. The following information must be provided for each referee: Name, Title/Organization, Email address. It is suggested that you contact potential referees in advance to assess their willingness to provide a letter of recommendation by the deadline date.
- One referee should be someone who can comment on your academic and intellectual capabilities (e.g school teacher, principal, or guidance counselor).
- The other referee should be someone who can specifically discuss your character, integrity, maturity and ability to handle this challenging experience (e.g. a current or former employer, community elder, religious leader, teacher or guidance counselor). Note: letters from relatives are not appropriate. The two letters should not be from the same person.
- You will be asked to upload:
- A personal statement discussing why you want to participate in the Summer High School Research Program, and
- An official, unaltered copy of your high school transcript.
- Please plan to have the transcript, your personal statement and information about your referees ready before starting with the application. The application can not be saved on this portal, and will need to be completed and submitted in one sitting.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to participate in the Summer Research Internship.