Summer high school research internships will be granted to 8 high school students (ages 16 or older) for 6-weeks during the summer break. Interns will participate in hands-on, hypothesis driven, project-based research, in the laboratories of their chosen mentor.
The goal of this program is to provide an authentic research experience for students interested in careers in health sciences, engineering and biomedical research. Labs from several different colleges across campus are participating, so that each student has the opportunity to perform research in an area of interest.
During the course of their internship, students will:
- Learn how to conduct a literature search and read scientific papers,
- Perform basic search at the bench,
- Have weekly group meetings and discussions
- Attend weekly seminars/talks on campus
- Learn about the evolution of technology as it relates to their research and field of interest
- Participate in a Scientific Symposium where they will give a short talk about their research at the conclusion of the program
- Receive a stipend for their participation in the program
Housing and daily meals will be provided. Students will be housed in dorm-style student housing located at the Cambridge Apartments (see link for details).
The program provides you an exciting opportunity to work with outstanding professors and leading research scientists. See the list to learn more about them.
The application deadline for 2017 program has been reached. We are not accepting applications at this time.